The process and work that goes into making a foam pouch can either make it “just a pouch” or make it an extraordinary product. With most businesses having special parts, varying sizes, and diverse packaging requirements, they should have a voice in the design of their packaging materials. Foam Converting has given their customers that liberty.
Their production method shows, believe it or not, you do have a say in a pouch’s features:
Custom foam pouches are made from bundles of polyethylene foam, which are placed in state of the art machines capable of producing custom sizes. The foam moves through the machine where it is sealed at three sides, leaving the fourth open, creating a pouch.
The uniqueness of the machines is, of course, their ability to conform to a customer’s custom foam pouch design. This means not only size, but also foam thicknesses, laminates, and even foam materials.
- Pouches can go as wide as a product calls for, with a maximum length of 72″.
- Foam comes in three different thicknesses: 3/32″, 1/8″, and 1/4″.
- Metalized polyester, HD film, and/or kraft paper can be laminated to foam for objects needing more strength, durability, and even temperature control.
- 1/8″ pink anti-static foam can be used for sensitive electronic components.
- Partially recycled green foam (3/32″ thick) is a great option for environment-conscious businesses.
Economical pricing options are also offered, providing price break opportunities for larger quantity demands.
Here’s an example:
You are in need of several 20″ x 20″ 3/32″ thick white foam pouches.
If you ordered a quantity of 500, it would cost you .43 per pouch.
If you ordered a quantity of 1000, it would go down to .40 each, saving you $30.
This is just one example though. There are many price breaks available and, obviously, endless customizing options.
With these pouches being affordable, custom, and effective, many industries have sought Foam Converting to assist them in fulfilling their packaging requirements. Anywhere from injection molders to platers to movers and shippers, these special-made pouches have provided businesses with a personalized packaging solution for protecting every unique product.